Every year, ColoradoBiz Magazine and The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Colorado State Council works in conjunction with consulting firm ModernThink to rank the “Best Companies to Work for” in Colorado. And this year, OZ Architecture made the list ranking among top medium-sized companies in the region.
At OZ, we are proud to be a finalist, as well as the only architecture firm recognized in any category. We feel there are many factors that play into our employee satisfaction, but one in particular that stands out for OZ is culture. We pride ourselves in cultivating an environment that encourages creativity, innovation and collaboration, which are the core foundations of our mission: “Connect, Collaborate, Create”.
In order to foster our unique culture, we have many ways we demonstrate our strong value towards a work/life balance:
1) Flexible scheduling – Employees can show up and leave work at varying times.
2) Pet-Friendly Workplace – Pets are allowed in the office and several of our employees bring their pets to work regularly. We also built an enclosed dog area for employees to leave their dogs outside during the workday.
3) Wellness Committee – This committee generates education, activities, and challenges for the staff in order to enhance employees’ physical, intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual and environmental well-being.
4) Bike to Work Day – Our employees have participated in the National Bike Challenge for the past 9 years. We logged 17,786 miles in 2014 and placed 7th in Colorado out of 467 workplaces and placed 164th out of 8290 workplaces in the entire U.S.
5) OZ Mentorship Program – Our executive team has an open-door policy that allows any employee to meet with any individual board member if desired.
6) Suggestion Box – We believe in the free exchange of ideas that create inspired environments, so we encourage and expect employee suggestions and have established open-door accessibility to leadership.
7) Work Hard, Play Hard Atmosphere – Our employees have a sense of ownership with the work they do and the positive regard they have for clients, and a lot of hard work occurs as a result. But we also have a great sense of humor as an organization, so things like nerf gun wars are not unheard of.
8) OZ Gives – For decades, OZ Architecture has participated in frequent community service opportunities. Events have included Coat Drive for Salvation Army, Design-After-Dark Event for the Denver Art Museum’s Department of Architecture, Design, and Graphics, Kitchen Volunteer Day at Project Angel Heart, Denver Digs Trees for the Park People, Doors Open Denver for Denver Architectural Foundation and Trail Maintenance and Flood Restoration for Longhorn Train at White Ranch Park.
At OZ Architecture, we are always on the lookout for creative, diverse and collaborative thinkers to join our team. If our workplace culture sounds like the kind of environment you would thrive in, please send your resume!