At OZ, our vision is to be energized by an ethos that empowers freedom to take risk and push the industry. We will evolve our practice without limits to be significantly diverse and unique. We will do this in a culture that is supported but the following Core Values:
Uphold the OZ Continuum: As caretakers of a firm which existed before us and will continue after us, we will nurture and lead to reach beyond today’s vision.
Pioneering: We have the courage to explore, provoke forward thought and be exceptional.
Make others successful: Friendship over formality. We embrace healthy conflict while putting others over ourselves. We strive to exceed without limits and keep promises.
An Attitude of Openness: Approaching opportunities with a beginner’s mind allows us the capacity to see potential and be a humble expert.
Stewardship of Our Communities: We are engaged, altruistic and influential in the communities we serve.
General Role Description
Full-time opportunity for a Graphic Designer with OZ Architecture’s Brand Development Studio. We are an in-house agency, we work with brands all over the country to develop their strategy, positioning, name, identity and to tell their story through concept, visioning and experience design.
High Level Key Responsibilities
The Graphic Designer, under the leadership of the Brand Development Director, will be required to conceive and design brand identity packages including: logo, logo package, digital and print collateral, website graphics, brand essence videos. The Brand Graphic Designer is responsible for creation and coordination of graphics and collateral to support branding clients. The ideal candidate will be an excellent manager of process, procedures, tools and technologies. Beyond design, candidates should have impeccable written and verbal skills, attention to detail, be hungry to grow personally and professionally, and be motivated to push our branding studio to the next level.
Core Competencies / Skill Sets
- Showcase your great sense for layout, typography, color and textures
- Design logos, branding and implementation
- Create infographics
- Design and develop websites (a plus)
- Implement our clients’ brand personas and implementation strategies
- Collaborate with our team, clients and partners
- Take ownership of your critical role in our success to be both strategic contributor and tactical implementer in support of agency objectives
- Deliver projects on-time and on-budget; maintain accurate account records for timekeeping management, including creative design files
Technical Skills Required
- Proficiency with Adobe CS (CS4-Cloud) — Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign
- Experience in Adobe Premier or other video production software
- Familiarity and interest in web design, WordPress and web-based design
- Knowledge of design and layout principles
- Ability to prepare files for printer (crop marks, bleeds, packaging)
- Must know spot-colors from 4-color process and conversion for web
Required Interpersonal Skills
- Confidence in working directly with clients both on initial project development and requests for previous jobs to be modified
- Juggle multiple projects, manage work flow and stay in communication
- Understanding of print production, quoting process and the questions to ask.
- Excellent team member, ability to take direction well, determine next steps
- Quick learner with the craving to learn more, try new things and think out-of-the box
- Excellent communicator, responsive to e-mail, telephone and direct interactions
- Always including summary of expectations, turn-times, etc.
- First and foremost, we need you to bring your creative design to the table. Clients turn to us to create unique materials, creative designs they couldn’t do internally. No holding back on designs or playing it safe.
- BA in Graphic Design, Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in print and digital design.
- Must be able to design for both print and web.
- Ability to design unique materials; using fonts, textures and treatments.
- Ability to work within an existing brand for future projects.
- Ability to present new concepts, explain the thought process and brainstorm.
- Vision to see how something will work on the web vs. print vs. mobile.
- Base Salary competitive with current market conditions
- Opportunity to earn bonus
- Participation in rich OZ Benefits program including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans for employees and family
- Health Savings Account and Flex Spending Account options
- 401k Retirement Program with employer match
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
What Makes OZ Unique:
OZ Architecture is known locally and globally for innovative and award-winning architecture. We have a wide range of practice areas and encourage everyone to explore each of them and find the niche the suits their passion. Our culture is casual, entrepreneurial and collaborative and we encourage cross-pollination between practice areas – which is to say that at OZ you won’t get stuck in a silo doing the same type of work over and over. A long-time anchor of Denver’s creative community, our design studio is located in the thriving arts neighborhood of RiNo (River North Arts District).
We reward hard work and are focused on providing our employees with opportunities to advance. We also emphasize giving back to our local community and building strong personal bonds with each other, because everyone knows that all work and no play gets old, real fast. That’s why we have a kickball team, sketch club, community service program, wellness committee, office dogs and regular Nerf wars.
OZ Architecture is proud to have been selected as a recipient of:
To take a closer look at the variety and breadth of work and learn more about our culture, visit ozarch.com
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your current resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com, and include Graphic Designer in the subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Gender / Minority / Veterans / Disabled.