At OZ, our vision is to be energized by an ethos that empowers freedom to take risk and push the industry. We will evolve our practice without limits to be significantly diverse and unique. We will do this in a culture that is supported by the following Core Values:
Uphold the OZ Continuum: As caretakers of a firm which existed before us and will continue after us, we will nurture and lead to reach beyond today’s vision.
Pioneering: We have the courage to explore, provoke forward thought and be exceptional.
Make Others Successful: Friendship over formality. We embrace healthy conflict while putting others over ourselves. We strive to exceed without limits and keep promises.
An Attitude of Openness: Approaching opportunities with a beginner’s mind allows us the capacity to see potential and be a humble expert.
Stewardship of Our Communities: We are engaged, altruistic and influential in the communities we serve.
General Role Description:
The Director of Operations and Facilities will be responsible for overseeing and providing leadership for the office operations and facilities. Accountable to provide leadership and strategic thinking for sustained internal success. Ensures functionality and efficiency within the office and collaborates closely with key department heads. Empowered to make decisions and recommendations that develop and guide an operations plan to ensure proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, yearly budgets, and the resources (people, vendors and systems) are in place to effectively run the organization from an office management standpoint. Additionally, is responsible for day-to-day operations of the OZ Denver Studio/facility. This position will oversee building repairs, vendors, supplies, internal staff-moves, facility improvements, and oversee custodial and maintenance services.
The Director of Operations and Facilities is a member of the OZ Management Team, the key directors that aid in executing the firm’s strategic goals and objectives as they relate to internal operations and reports directly to the Managing Principal.
Contributes creative input and assists marketing team with the production of marketing deliverables for Business Development & Marketing Program.
Office Management/Administration Procedures, Planning and Goals
- Member of OZ Management Team.
- Supports MP to schedule and notify Management Team of meetings.
- Compiles agenda and completes meeting minutes.
- Supports MP and CFO with new year department specific budget and planning process.
- Notary support for legal, insurance and risk management documents.
- Establish annual goals and create and manage an annual office and facilities budget.
- Recommends and implements office procedures as necessary.
- Provides office operations and facilities updates and information for monthly OZ internal newsletter.
- Tracks inventory and orders office supplies, business cards and stationary.
- RTD Account Coordinator for Eco Pass/Smart Card employee benefit.
- Liaison with building(s) Lessor/Landlord as necessary.
- Reviews, negotiates new and existing facilities and/or equipment leases and renewals with Managing Partner oversight.
- Coordinates with Practice Area leaders and IT to update office floor plans/seating charts for staff workstation changes, new studio creation, and remodeling.
- Manages facility projects and installation/maintenance/repair of facility’s workstations, furniture etc.
- Oversees routine and preventive maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Establishes and manages service provider and vendor relations, contracts and invoices – security, janitorial services, equipment, phone/communication systems, automotive leases, maintenance and repair.
- Partners with IT and Managing Principal to manage contract and relationship with in-house printing services.
- Leads safety monitoring across all facilities and with use of equipment.
- Member of office security team monitoring pre/post office hour security.
- Approves and monitors internal OZ and non-OZ events that utilize the OZ facilities.
- Updates and maintains furniture and equipment inventories.
- Oversees new employee workstation, equipment, welcome packet, and supplies set-up.
- Assists IT and Human Resources Departments with new hire OZ systems and intranet training.
- Trains all new employees to the firm on office management and facilities related items.
- Coordinates with OZ Principals and IT new employee workstation and needs prior to arrival of new staff.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets
- Excellent oral, written and phone communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees, service providers, vendors and clients
- Skills in managing multiple stakeholders to consensus
- Forward-thinking and self-starter who takes initiative
- Uses intuition and experience to find solutions
Leadership, Teamwork and Professionalism
- Acts in accordance with firm values, vision and mission
- Understands, supports and implements firm policies and procedures
- Develops best practices and takes action towards cost savings and efficiency improvements
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgement
- Illustrates ability to identify and engage team member strengths, motivate team, and provide effective feedback as necessary
- Shows commitment to the internal teams and associated projects
- Manages competing demands and follows through on commitments
- Respectful of work style variances and understands team deadlines
Quality of Work
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and multi-task
- Ability to solve a variety of practical problems
- Completes tasks efficiently so projects on are completed on time and within budget
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform well under stress
- Develops realistic work plans for improving self and team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ten or more years of experience managing facilities, internal office operations and day-to-day functions.
- Experience in architecture/engineering/construction industry preferred.
- Supervisory experience with knowledge of business operations, facilities management, and office administration best practices.
- Effective communication skills, exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and strong decision-making abilities.
- Working knowledge of PC technology and proficiency with MS Office required.
Connect. Collaborate. Create.
OZ Architecture is known locally, nationally and globally for innovative and award-winning architecture. We have a 53-year history and are an anchor in Denver’s creative community with our design studio located in the thriving arts neighborhood of RiNo (River North Arts District). Our culture is casual, entrepreneurial and collaborative, and we promote cross-pollination between practice areas – which is to say that at OZ you won’t get stuck in a silo doing the same type of work over and over. We have a wide range of practice areas and encourage our staff to explore each of them and find the niche that suits their passion.
We reward hard work and are focused on providing our employees with opportunities to advance. We also emphasize giving back to our local community and building strong personal bonds with each other, because everyone knows that all work and no play gets old, real fast. That’s why we have a kickball team, sketch club, community service program, health-wellness activities, employee art show, office dogs and regular Nerf wars!!
OZ Architecture is proud to have been selected as a recipient of:
To take a closer look at our awards, the variety and breadth of our work, and learn more about our culture, please visit our home page.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include Director of Operations and Facilities in the subject line. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Gender / Minority / Veterans / Disabled.